Seikei-en, a small informal school, is founded by Mr. Haruji Nakamura
(1877-1924). Over the next 21 years, Seikei-en expands and gradually develops
into a group of schools consisting of an elementary school, a boys' high
school,a girls' high school, and a technical training school. .
The High school for boys becomes a seven-year high school. Mr.Tokichi
Kato ( 1887-1972) arrived at science teacher from the No.5 Tokyo Meteropolotan
High School. He started to the meteorological observation with his students.
The first weather station near "Rika-kan"
and Mr, T, Kato :Right
His nickname is "acorn"
Mr, Kato started to his official meteorological observation in the
course of science education. This was forerunner as present Seikei Meteorological
Observatory. His meteorological measurements were taken every day at 10:00
JST. The first data report "Kisho-Kansoku Houkoku" was published.
The 10'th anniversary volume of data report was published.
The Tokyo Meteorological Observatory (TMO) designated the Seikei weather
station as "Kichijoji Observatory".
The meteorological measurements time changed to 9:00 JST.
The Seikei Meteorological Observatory was established
The second weather station near
the junior high school.: Left
and The present weather station : Right
Visibility observation of the Tokyo-Tower and Mt. Fuji was started.
Dr. Miho Daigo ( -2000) arrived at the head of observatory.
Mr. T. Kato passed away.
Mr. Nobuo Uchida arrived at the head of observatory. The "Kichijoji
Observatory" fisnished the observation on commission.
The year report as "Seikei Kisho Kansokujo Hokoku" was obtained
the ISSN number (0388-3515).
Dr. Yoshimasa Kurashige was arrived at the head of observatory.
Acidity of rain measurement was started.
The automated meteorological data acquisition system (OTAC-2000 Weather
Computer System :made in Ohta Keiki
Seisakusho) was put onto operation.
Seikei Meteorological Observatory Homepage was opened.
Electric conductivity of rain measurment was started.
Real time data publication on the web was started.